Robert A. and Vottero Buerki
Pharmacy Ethics: A Foundation for Professional Practice provides a model for examining and resolving ethical dilemmas. It is designed to help student pharmacists understand the ethical decision-making process and to show how the principles of the Code of Ethics for Pharmacists can be applied in professional practice. Used across the curriculum in pharmacy practice courses and experiential settings, this book will give students directed practice in applying ethical principles and will allow them to develop skills in problem-solving and critical thinking.
• More than 40 cases and ethical situations that encourage class discussion
• A four-step framework for assessing and resolving the ethical dilemmas presented
• Commentaries following the case studies to help students internalize ethical concepts and form their own set of professional practice values
• Questions for reflection that encourage individual thought
• A glossary designed to broaden students' appreciation of the ethical issues presented throughout the book