This handbook is specifically compiled and designed for the healthcare professional requiring quick access to concisely stated comprehensive data concerning the clinical use of medications.
- Covers over 4500 U.S. and Canadian medications
- Includes 1325 drug monographs
- Up to 34 key fields of information per drug monograph
- Drug interaction information is separated into the following: Cytochrome P450 Effect, Increased Effect/Toxicity, Decreased Effect and Ethanol/Nutritional/Herb Interactions
- Includes labeled and unlabeled/investigational indications
- Pharmacokinetics/Dynamics information
- Adverse Reactions by percentage of occurrence
- Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Implications
- Fully updated Appendix section including tables and charts on a variety of subjects including Laboratory Values, Cytochrome P-450 and Drug Metabolism, Over the Counter Products, Comparative Drug Charts, Treatment & Therapy Recommendations, and much more.
- Alphabetically organized by both brand and generic name with "dictionary-like" page headings
- Listed brand names are identified with "diamond-like" symbols and are fully cross-referenced by page number to the generic monograph
- New "Tall-Man" letters incorporated to distinguish "Sound-A-Like" medications
- Therapeutic Category and Key Word Index